Ohio WARN is a statewide Water/Wastewater Agency Response Network (WARN) of “utilities helping utilities” to:
- Prepare for the next natural or human-caused emergency.
- Organize response according to established requirements
- Share personnel and other resources statewide, by agreement.
ARE YOU PREPARED FOR AN EMERGENCY?
Ohio Emergency Response/Recovery Exercise for the Water/Wastewater Sectors
Click on link above for flyer. One day emergency preparedness tabletop exercise. Contact Hours Approved.
Click here to register; https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ohio-emergency-response-exercise-for-the-water-and-wastewater-sector-tickets-27048625166
WARN in Action Video Click Here
The Mission of Ohio WARN
The mission of the Ohio WARN network is to support and promote statewide emergency preparedness, disaster response and mutual aid assistance for public and private water and wastewater utilities for natural and human caused events in the State.
Why do we need Ohio WARN?
Water and wastewater systems provide our communities with a life-sustaining resource that is of vital importance to maintaining public health, sanitation and safety. When water and wastewater services are interrupted for extended periods of time, a community’s well-being quickly deteriorates, as evidenced by Hurricane Katrina. And without an adequate water supply, our communities are vulnerable to devastating fires. By restoring water and wastewater service in the most efficient manner possible, Ohio WARN provides renewed hope for fast recovery from such disasters. Ohio WARN is also available to use in non-disaster emergencies or when you may be in need of help or assistance.
Ohio WARN provides water and wastewater utilities with:
- A Mutual Aid Agreement (click here) and process for sharing emergency resources among water and wastewater agencies statewide.
- A mutual assistance program consistent with other statewide mutual aid and assistance programs and the National Incident Management System.
- The resources to respond and recover more quickly from a natural or human caused disaster.
- A forum for developing and maintaining emergency contacts and relationships.
Click here to contact your OHWARN District Coordinator.